4Dogtribe

4Dogtribe

Reaction score
New to pellet grills, recently purchased PB1000D3 at TSC. Installed air gap mod and have some questions re: temp control. Have smoked baby backs and chicken with good results but think can be improved with better understanding of temp control. Look forward to hearing what others say.

New to pellet grills, recently purchased PB1000D3 at TSC. Installed air gap mod and have some questions re: temp control. Have smoked baby backs and chicken with good results but think can be improved with better understanding of temp control. Look forward to hearing what others say.
Welcome from Texas to the group!!
On temperature I always set mine to 225 degrees and go off of internal temperature
I clean mine after each use including the temperature sensor
Hopefully this will help you 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Thanks to all the welcome messages. Where is best place to post question re: major difference from actual temp showing on controller (matches set temp) and dome thermometer shows 40 - 50 degrees higher. Is this common on PB smoker/grills?

Thanks to all the welcome messages. Where is best place to post question re: major difference from actual temp showing on controller (matches set temp) and dome thermometer shows 40 - 50 degrees higher. Is this common on PB smoker/grills?
If you’re referring to the temperature gauge I never look at those. They’re to easy about reading incorrectly
I go off my internal temperature of what I’m smoking
For the most part I set my temperature on the controller at 225 degrees. Slow and easy
Hopefully this helps you 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Back