Austin XL firebox problem?

HydroDave66

Reaction score
Hello there people. I'm new to this discussion board because I have never had a problem with my Austin XL smoker until now. My problem is that my firebox will not shut off therefor the temps rise and no smoke at all. Is this a firebox problem and need to replace it? Or is this a controller problem and need to replace it? Or both? Was wondering if anyone would kind enough to give me some advice.

Thanks in advance.

Dave..

Hello there people. I'm new to this discussion board because I have never had a problem with my Austin XL smoker until now. My problem is that my firebox will not shut off therefor the temps rise and no smoke at all. Is this a firebox problem and need to replace it? Or is this a controller problem and need to replace it? Or both? Was wondering if anyone would kind enough to give me some advice.

Thanks in advance.

Dave..
Sounds like the thermocouple in the digital temperature probe is sticking. Try applying some direct heat to it with a torch or this alcohol hack to see if you can get it working again until you can get it replaced under warranty.

Attachments

• IMG_3946.jpeg
    IMG_3946.jpeg
    208.2 KB · Views: 16
Back