Best way to route meat probes? (Vertical Smokers)

MrJRoz

Media
Reaction score
How do you route your meat probes to minimize pinching and avoid seal gaps when the door is closed?
Please state where your controller board is located - bottom, side or top.
Mine's on the bottom and I am considering doing a small mod to notch it at the bottom above the probe ports on the board.

My 820 has a hole on the left side
So does my 700, but i just close the lid on them. With all the smoke produced in the interior, i dont worry at all about some leakage. They either have a chimney or like mine, holes across the top back for exhaust. A little smoke from the door aint hurting anything....

I have a vertical and control panel on the bottom. The first thing I learned was the PB probes are garbage. Not even close to being correct even with replacements. So I bought one on Amazon. I just went thru the seal on the door. It had no impact on probes or the cook. Then I got a Bluetooth probe so no wires needed. Bluetooth is the way to go.

How do you route your meat probes to minimize pinching and avoid seal gaps when the door is closed?
Mine's on the bottom and I am considering doing a small mod to notch it at the bottom above the probe ports on the board.

Attachments

• IMG_1028.png
    IMG_1028.png
    520.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7573.jpeg
    IMG_7573.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 13
I have the Series 3 vertical with the controller at the bottom. I had poor results with the built in probes so I use wired Inkbird probes. I feed them through the door on the hinge side so they are mostly out of the way when I open the door. The door gasket seals them just fine. I’m also not worried about the wires crimping since the door gasket provides a pretty gentle fit.

@Freedbyjc: Yah - I have these - I put them on my previous smoke vault 24. My new vertical is double walled like yours and don't feel like messing with it - looks like from the pics that you put one on the inner wall and one on the outer wall.. I still may consider though - Thanks brother!

Latest Discussions

Back