Broken Auger Gearmotor

shaneplusliz

Reaction score
Love my grill but after two years, auger gear motor broke gears. In last 6 months, broke two more. Am I missing something or cheap Amazon replacements my prob? Really need help with this as last one broke on Memorial Day 15 minutes after finished cooking as I was just letting grill run empty for better storage. Thanks for help!

Love my grill but after two years, auger gear motor broke gears. In last 6 months, broke two more. Am I missing something or cheap Amazon replacements my prob? Really need help with this as last one broke on Memorial Day 15 minutes after finished cooking as I was just letting grill run empty for better storage. Thanks for help!
Welcome from Texas to the group!
If it’s 5 years old or newer it’s under warranty
Give PitBoss support a call 🇺🇸🇨🇱

When you get it going again, run it without pellets and watch the auger. See if it is binding at all.

Also have you taken the auger completely out and thouroughly cleand the auger housing? Maybe some dust built up and hardened in there. When pellets are being fed, there may be just enough extra dust combined with the occasional pellet getting crunched to push it past the breaking point.

Just shooting ideas out. Hope you get if figured out...

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back