Butcher paper brisket wrap

dagodago1

Media
Reaction score
Greetings brain trust,

Am doing first brisket and getting close to wrap temp. Question on butcher paper wrap. Is it just one wrap or can you wrap it twice, ie. Circle the brisket more than once?
Thank you

Well, i tried it with butchers papee and it didnt work too well, so with PB Temp probes i was using the wires didnt wrap so well, so went with aluminm foil and a couple meater probes i have (that are spotty on wifi/bluetooth). We shall see. Thank you for the replies.

Greetings brain trust,

Am doing first brisket and getting close to wrap temp. Question on butcher paper wrap. Is it just one wrap or can you wrap it twice, ie. Circle the brisket more than once?
Thank you
I overlay two pieces of butcher paper and never had a problem. It doesn't matter. One suggestion, add some beef tallow either on the paper before wrapping or on top of the brisket. Just make sure to buy a quality tallow. No need to spend tons of money on Wagyu or "organic tallow, that's all BS. You can get a great tallow for $15.

I overlay two pieces of butcher paper and never had a problem. It doesn't matter. One suggestion, add some beef tallow either on the paper before wrapping or on top of the brisket. Just make sure to buy a quality tallow. No need to spend tons of money on Wagyu or "organic tallow, that's all BS. You can get a great tallow for $15.
Thanks for the input. I did try butcher wrap first but was using wired temp probes, and trying to wrap it and fighting the probe wires, then the juice accumulated in the wrap and it fell apart. So just went with foil. Next time will use my meater probes and just skip the PB Wired probes.

If you buy whole packer, grind trimmings and render them out on stove top.

Latest Discussions

Back