Butts and cheese

ANT0407

Media
Reaction score
Today I am smoking a 10lb butt in the drum and some cheese in the Pitboss. The butt just went on . I'm using killer hogs The Bbq rub with Cherry chunks on lump charcoal. The cheese will go on the 1600 late morning. I'm using apple pellets for that. I will post more pics throughout the day.
20240414_062414.jpg
20240414_062309.jpg

@ANT0407
I’ve been lookin at those drums
I’ve seen hangers for ribs in pictures
How do ya like it?🇺🇸🇺🇸
I love it. I built mine from a kit. I think it was UDS.com. Definitely a heavier smoke flavor than the pellet grill. I've done everything in it except brisket. I got the rib hanger. I can hang 16-20 racks in there depending on size. I can fit 5 maybe 6 in my 1600. I wanted to try something new so I got a drum. My pitboss still gets the call alot too though..

I love it. I built mine from a kit. I think it was UDS.com. Definitely a heavier smoke flavor than the pellet grill. I've done everything in it except brisket. I got the rib hanger. I can hang 16-20 racks in there depending on size. I can fit 5 maybe 6 in my 1600. I wanted to try something new so I got a drum. My pitboss still gets the call alot too though..
I will say the one thing I love about it is that once I get the intakes adjusted so it's running at the temp I want, it holds that temp rock solid. It's almost set and forget.

Last edited:
Today I am smoking a 10lb butt in the drum and some cheese in the Pitboss. The butt just went on . I'm using killer hogs The Bbq rub with Cherry chunks on lump charcoal. The cheese will go on the 1600 late morning. I'm using apple pellets for that. I will post more pics throughout the day. View attachment 5394View attachment 5395
That should be a fun day. Nice outfits. My son love that, he’s a barrel smoker all the way.

That should be a fun day. Nice outfits. My son love that, he’s a barrel smoker all the way.
Yeah it's always a great day when I'm running a smoker. It makes no difference to me which one I use. I have freinds coming over later to play cornhole and have a few beers. That with the smell of the smoke in the air ya can't help but have a great day!

Back