DIY 850 pro series hopper extension

Hoopsta1424

Media
Reaction score
Did a thing this morning with some scrap wood and a food grade bucket. Bottom fits into the stock hopper with the lid open. I have a piece of ply that slides in and out to open/close the 5" hole allowing pellets to flow from bucket to hopper. Whole 5 gallon bucket + wood lifts off for easy disassembly and storage. Never have to worry about running out on long cooks anymore

It ain't pretty (or rain proof) but this is my first attempt and i will eventually make a nicer one

Attachments

• PXL_20230927_153313662.jpg
    PXL_20230927_153313662.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 153
Did a thing this morning with some scrap wood and a food grade bucket. Bottom fits into the stock hopper with the lid open. I have a piece of ply that slides in and out to open/close the 5" hole allowing pellets to flow from bucket to hopper. Whole 5 gallon bucket + wood lifts off for easy disassembly and storage. Never have to worry about running out on long cooks anymore

It ain't pretty (or rain proof) but this is my first attempt and i will eventually make a nicer one
Great idea 👍

Thats a great thinker there. ):) Heres a thought... So you dont ruin a bucket with a hole, flip it upside down and have the hole in the lid??

Thats a great thinker there. ):( Heres a thought... So you dont ruin a bucket with a hole, flip it upside down and have the hole in the lid??
Then i cant refill without taking the whole contraption off. This way i can just unscrew the lid and refill while its on the smoker. Plus the bucket was just a few $ anyways.

Then i cant refill without taking the whole contraption off. This way i can just unscrew the lid and refill while its on the smoker. Plus the bucket was just a few $ anyways.
Ok, got it. I was thinking you just cut a hole in the bucket and plywood and set the bucket on it. Did not know it was secured.. Never try to improve on perfection..😃👌

Brilliant!

Back