Erh code on Vertical Pellet Smoker

PitBoss_Guest

Reaction score
My husband purchased me the vertical pellet smoker. I can count on one hand how many times I have used it. All of a sudden while cooking it kept shutting down and giving and Erh code. My husband googled and you tubed different ways to try and fix it. He cleaned it completely out and today I started smoking a 12 pound turkey and before it got completely to temp it shut down and gave the same code. We had the chimney all the way up, I tried to raise the water pan. I unplugged it and let it cool down then retired using it. Keep getting the same Erh code. It is quit annoying when you haven’t even used it the much and it is already acting up. It’s quite an expensive smoker to have it only work a couple times. Is there something else we could try?

What temp are you setting the controller at? What is the temp readout on the controller before it shuts down? Do you have a way of monitoring the grill temp with a different temp probe?

What you are trying to figure out is whether the grill is actually overheating or if you are getting a false high temp reading. Either way, it might point back to a bad controller.

The good news is that your grill is probably under warranty and a new controller would be free. They are not difficult to swap out once you get a new one from customer service.

Back