ErH error code

Nesto76

Reaction score
Apologies if this is a repeat thread, I tried searching the forum, but couldn't find anything that makes sense for my problem.

I have a PBV4PS1 vertical smoker and it won't go past 300 degrees without throwing erh error code

I bought it used last year and had this problem right away. After reading online that it could be the a number of components, I decided to replace them all. So about 3 months ago, I took it all apart, cleaned everything up and replaced the control board, display, all the probes, and the igniter.

It works fine, for most smoking applications. The smoker will hold any temp as long as it is 300 degrees or less. Any setting above 300 and I get an erH code within 5-10 minutes.

It works like a champ on overnight smokes low and slow up and around 225-250, but when I tried to crank up the heat (even tried to incrementally turn it up) it errors out almost immediately.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Welcome from Texas to the group!
The ErH error code indicates a high temperature in the smoker. This may be caused by too much heat inside the cooking chamber. To fix this issue, you’ll need to check and see if there are any blockages in the vents or chimney of your pit boss smoker.

You should also reduce the temperature settings on your control panel so that your pit boss doesn’t get too hot while cooking. If this doesn’t work, it could be time to replace some parts like the fan motor or temperature probe.

Check these out and let me know what you find
Hopefully this helps you 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Have you used a separate thermometer to measure the temperatures? If their fine, it could be a new temperature probe that is bad or a new controller that is bad and registering bad numbers.

Back