Flame Tamer

You made it too tall if it is going to sit on top of the diffuser plate/fire pot.

To answer your question about the diffuser plate, I don't use mine anymore on my Austin XL. I added a flame tamer and air gap mod, so I tried a bunch of different experiments with different combinations, and I found I was better off without the diffuser plate.

Here it is with the diffuser plate:
1704925322468.png

Here it is without the diffuser plate:
1704925302709.png

Hope this helps.

You made it too tall if it is going to sit on top of the diffuser plate/fire pot.

To answer your question about the diffuser plate, I don't use mine anymore on my Austin XL. I added a flame tamer and air gap mod, so I tried a bunch of different experiments with different combinations, and I found I was better off without the diffuser plate.

View attachment 4987

View attachment 4986

Hope this helps.
I have the 850 pro and have never seen a diffuser plate before. Did all the barrel shaped smokers have one?

View attachment 4987

View attachment 4986

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the help. will try it your way.

Back