Flashing Ignitor code- Erf

KyleKoenig

Reaction score
Would a bad ignitor or connection cause the auger motor to stop functioning after startup? It won’t load pellets but will spin about 1/4 of the way and then throw a code, err?

It might. If it throws an error because of a bad igniter/connection, it might shutdown the auger to prevent a bigger issue.

What kind of grill do you have? Are you saying that you get an Err code and your igniter icon is flashing?

Sorry! It’s a 1600 Competition series.

Yes. The auger turns and fan spins for a few seconds when I turn it on. Then it stops and an error code comes up. Maybe the error code is telling it to stop. The auger motor will run great when I have it run to the yellow cord (experimenting).

Yes. Error code (err) flashes with the red ignitor symbol flashing too.

Temperature sensor
Unplug it for thirty minutes then try it.
Unplug it while it’s on?
When I turn the grill on, once the code comes up, it doesn’t let me do anything. Just error code and ignitor indicator blinking. It will let me shut it down with the power button, but nothing else.

I'm betting that you are correct. Everything else shuts down when it sees an error for the igniter.

Easiest place to begin is to call customer support. They will probably send you a new igniter to get you back up and running.

Would a bad ignitor or connection cause the auger motor to stop functioning after startup? It won’t load pellets but will spin about 1/4 of the way and then throw a code, err?
IMG_3057.jpeg
IMG_2955.jpeg

Latest Discussions

Back