Four Months Since the Warranty Order and Still Nothing

Earlallen10

Media
Reaction score
Fellow Smokers, is this common with PitBoss? It seems the PitBoss web-site doesn't work (unsecured connection?). The Canadian and Aussie sites work fine. I drafted up the below e-mail for this warranty issue, but their warranty e-mails are from a "no-reply" address and there is no other contact info listed. I've been waiting for this part since January and will soon let the local scrappers haul this cooker away and find a company that can support their products.

To Whom it May Concern at PitBoss,

It has been well over four months since I ordered these parts for my PitBoss PB1230. Please make good on this warranty issue as the grilling and smoking season is well upon us. As stated in my initial request and discussed on the telephone, the flame broiler bottom has rusted away to the point the flame is always exposed, rendering it useless for a low and slow smoke.
Order details:
Flame Broiler Bottom - PB1100PSC1
Flame Broiler Slide Cover – PB820D3

Personally, I am in the ILS (Integrated Logistics Support) profession, and I can tell you, four+ months is more than enough time to get these parts fabricated and on hand. This demonstrates your company is not willing to dedicate the resources necessary to provide parts and warranty support to your customers.

I will use this cooker today, but however the next time I cook my ribs and chicken, I will roll this PitBoss pellet/gas combo grill out to the street and let the scrappers pick it up and go shopping for a smoker from a company that can back up their products.

Very Respectfully,
Earl F. Allen, Jr.

I know this sounds stupid when you have warranty, could you order part from third party instead ? Then when part from PB shows up, you have a spare. Guess it depends on price and if unit is still operable.
Maybe call customer service ( rattle the chain a little ) ask for an extension on the warranty sine you can't use the unit without the part ?

I know it sucks to pay 100 bucks for a part, but if the rest of the grill is good and you like it, this is cheaper than a new grill....

BMMXBI Flame Broiler Kit for Pit Boss 1250 Series Pellet Grills, Flame Broiler Slide Cover Bottom Kit for Pit Boss PB1250CS, Pit Boss Grill Replacement Parts https://a.co/d/eLwPTdH

If you click the 10% coupon, that will cover tax....

Fellow Smokers, is this common with PitBoss? It seems the PitBoss web-site doesn't work (unsecured connection?). The Canadian and Aussie sites work fine. I drafted up the below e-mail for this warranty issue, but their warranty e-mails are from a "no-reply" address and there is no other contact info listed. I've been waiting for this part since January and will soon let the local scrappers haul this cooker away and find a company that can support their products.

To Whom it May Concern at PitBoss,

It has been well over four months since I ordered these parts for my PitBoss PB1230. Please make good on this warranty issue as the grilling and smoking season is well upon us. As stated in my initial request and discussed on the telephone, the flame broiler bottom has rusted away to the point the flame is always exposed, rendering it useless for a low and slow smoke.
Order details:
Flame Broiler Bottom - PB1100PSC1
Flame Broiler Slide Cover – PB820D3

Personally, I am in the ILS (Integrated Logistics Support) profession, and I can tell you, four+ months is more than enough time to get these parts fabricated and on hand. This demonstrates your company is not willing to dedicate the resources necessary to provide parts and warranty support to your customers.

I will use this cooker today, but however the next time I cook my ribs and chicken, I will roll this PitBoss pellet/gas combo grill out to the street and let the scrappers pick it up and go shopping for a smoker from a company that can back up their products.

Very Respectfully,
Earl F. Allen, Jr.
Been there bro. Smoked the heck outta this unit, a 3+ year old 1100 at the time. Burned out the fire pot - item was on back order with NO idea when it would be available. Talk about pissed… Ordered aftermarket parts from Amazon and got the grill going again. Finally got surprised a year later for that back ordered part. Smh…

Latest Discussions

Back