Grill drops temp automatically after about 12 hours

Roujesky

Reaction score
My 1150 smokes along nicely at 250 for about 12 hours and then automatically drops temperature. I set the temperature to 300 degrees and it seems to struggle to get the temperature up higher than 200. I attached a graph of my cook. What did I do wrong?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0193.jpeg
    IMG_0193.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 46
I vacuumed it out fight before the cook. The temperature seemed reflect the actual temp. I powered it off and on, and started working correctly. This was not a really big issue since it was a pork butt. But I want to do a brisket soon and i don’t want it to shut the temperature down like that again…. It must be something I set up wrong or something

Btw: thanks for the welcome

Last edited:
I vacuumed it out fight before the cook. The temperature seemed reflect the actual temp. I powered it off and on, and started working correctly. This was not a really big issue since it was a pork butt. But I want to do a brisket soon and i don’t want it to shut the temperature down like that again…. It must be something I set up wrong or something
Clean the temperature sensor and fire it up with nothing in it and see what it does
Cleaning it stops temperature swings

My 1150 smokes along nicely at 250 for about 12 hours and then automatically drops temperature. I set the temperature to 300 degrees and it seems to struggle to get the temperature up higher than 200. I attached a graph of my cook. What did I do wrong?

Thanks
It’ll automatically drop into water mode once a preset temperature is reached on the meat probe.
It’s all done through the MPC PROBE.

Attachments

• IMG_1263.jpeg
    IMG_1263.jpeg
    117.4 KB · Views: 16
Back