Have to login to use grill

JohnB

Reaction score
Why do I have ask permission to use the grill? I can't control the smoker temp or use probes unless I login first! I just tried to create an account but I get a 500 server error so here I am wanting to use the smoker but I don't want it running at insane temps.

JohnB

Why do I have ask permission to use the grill? I can't control the smoker temp or use probes unless I login first! I just tried to create an account but I get a 500 server error so here I am wanting to use the smoker but I don't want it running at insane temps.

JohnB
Welcome from Texas to the group!
That’s why I don’t want Wi-Fi and a app on my 820.
You might try unplugging it and delete the app and go back through the process
Hopefully this helps you 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Welcome from Texas to the group!
That’s why I don’t want Wi-Fi and a app on my 820.
You might try unplugging it and delete the app and go back through the process
Hopefully this helps you 🇺🇸🇺🇸
The app was working just fine. I think they use bluetooth to control the grill because I have to be near the grill to set the smoker temperature but they must use wifi to monitor probes and smoker temperature because I can be in the house and still see everything. Now I have to login before I can set the smoker. Why? I don't want to be tracked on how often I use the grill.

Is there a option to stay logged in?
I don't know because I can't create an account to be able to login. It appears this problem isn't new so I guess they care more about sales and less about customer support. Having no one working weekends to keep the server running is terrible customer support. And releasing a buggy app that they don't fix seems to say they don't care after the sale.

Johnb

I don't know because I can't create an account to be able to login. It appears this problem isn't new so I guess they care more about sales and less about customer support. Having no one working weekends to keep the server running is terrible customer support. And releasing a buggy app that they don't fix seems to say they don't care after the sale.

Johnb
Try calling first thing in the morning
That’s when I have my best luck and if you’re not getting the answer you want ask to speak to a supervisor

Do you have a good number? Thanks for all of your replies.
I found a number for them but I was on hold forever. I also read the manual and I do have a way to control the smoker manually but I still can't use the probes without the app. I tried again to create an account but their server is still down. I guess their server support person works part time.
Does anyone from Pit Boss read this forum?

I found a number for them but I was on hold forever. I also read the manual and I do have a way to control the smoker manually but I still can't use the probes without the app. I tried again to create an account but their server is still down. I guess their server support person works part time.
Does anyone from Pit Boss read this forum?
Not that I’m aware of

Back