Hello and a question

Frankraney

Reaction score
Hi folks. Long time quer but new to pit boss I have the pb850ps2. I'm using the new app also
It's great. I've been cooking on this for a couple months now. Doing a brisket today for tomorrow.

Question. Is there a way to set alarms to sound continuous until acknowledged. I never get the alarm for reached temp. I'm using boss meat probe. I know it will drop the temp to 190 for holding but will it sounds an alarm also. I want to move out to my oven at 180.

I did some porterhouse the other day. Did a reverse sear on them. Smoked them first at 240 for 40 minutes then seats a minute or side. Emery one loved them.

Welcome from Texas to the group!!
Have tried a lower setting to see if it will alarm?
You might call pitboss support
Hopefully this helps you 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Hi folks. Long time quer but new to pit boss I have the pb850ps2. I'm using the new app also
It's great. I've been cooking on this for a couple months now. Doing a brisket today for tomorrow.

Question. Is there a way to set alarms to sound continuous until acknowledged. I never get the alarm for reached temp. I'm using boss meat probe. I know it will drop the temp to 190 for holding but will it sounds an alarm also. I want to move out to my oven at 180.

I did some porterhouse the other day. Did a reverse sear on them. Smoked them first at 240 for 40 minutes then seats a minute or side. Emery one loved them.
Just got the same smoker for Father's Day. Don't know the answer but love the app. I've only cooked a steak on it so far and over cooked it (learning curve). Will be trying a brisket on the 4th of July weekend.

Back