hinge / door issues

jgalu

Reaction score
Just notice that my Pitboss Pro door does not close properly. There is a large gap where the bottom of the latch side does not to fully close. The hinges do not look like they are square to the frame which might be the root cause and there is no way to adjust them. Any suggestions on how to adjust the door so it does not loose heat and smoke.

Thanks

Attachments

• tempImage9HPUaq.png
    tempImage9HPUaq.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
  • tempImagesZ7d7R.png
    tempImagesZ7d7R.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
If it were me I’d take out the screws , line the door up like you want it and rivet it back on
Hopefully this helps you 🇺🇸🇺🇸
That was my initial thought too but the holes in the hinge lines up with the holes in the smoker frame so there is no way to adjust. To me it looks like the hinges are off center but that is just looking at them

That was my initial thought too but the holes in the hinge lines up with the holes in the smoker frame so there is no way to adjust. To me it looks like the hinges are off center but that is just looking at them
I understand what you’re saying but if you take out the screws and use a ratchet strap to get the door where you want it the holes may not match up so you’ll need to drill them out

Back