Hot Spot fix/ Flame Diffuser

Smoked

Reaction score
I am about to make a flame diffuser for my 820 but I am not sure how high off the fire pot to make it. I imagine that a bigger air gap between my diffuser and the broiler would be ideal to keep the center from developing a hot spot but is there any risk in making it too low and close to the fire pot? (2 inches above the fire pot is what I was thinking) I see some aftermarket options that are 4 inches off the fire pot but that seems so close to the broiler when trying to create a sufficient air gap. Any other dimensional advice would be welcome too; width, length, etc.

I am about to make a flame diffuser for my 820 but I am not sure how high off the fire pot to make it. I imagine that a bigger air gap between my diffuser and the broiler would be ideal to keep the center from developing a hot spot but is there any risk in making it too low and close to the fire pot? (2 inches above the fire pot is what I was thinking) I see some aftermarket options that are 4 inches off the fire pot but that seems so close to the broiler when trying to create a sufficient air gap. Any other dimensional advice would be welcome too; width, length, etc.
Welcome from Texas to the group!
I’d go with what you seen on aftermarket
Hopefully this helps you 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Back