Igniter issues

Tigger

Reaction score
Going back to charcoal, frustrated as all get out. I'm averaging about 3 cooks per igniter. The last 2 big cooks, with company on the way, its ERR'ed out. Worked fine last night for burgers and dogs, but prep 2 buts and 4 ribs, get up at 4am aaand nothing, nada. Removed and cleaned the igniter, found a wasp nest, ate up with mosquitos, in the dark, ERRed in about 5 seconds. Glad we got double ovens in the kitchen! Love the idea but WAY too frustrating!

Welcome to the group from Texas!!
Don’t get frustrated
I own the 820, a chargrill charcoal grill and a Oklahoma joe offset
They’ve been having issues with controllers lately
Tomorrow morning call pitboss support and explain what’s going on and they’ll send you a new controller
Unplug it after each cook though. I made that mistake last year and we had a lightning strike
Hopefully this helps you
Also plug straight into the plug. No extension cord
Check your connections because if they put it together you may have an issue there as well.
🇺🇸🇺🇸

Welcome to the group from Texas!!
Don’t get frustrated
I own the 820, a chargrill charcoal grill and a Oklahoma joe offset
They’ve been having issues with controllers lately
Tomorrow morning call pitboss support and explain what’s going on and they’ll send you a new controller
Unplug it after each cook though. I made that mistake last year and we had a lightning strike
Hopefully this helps you
Also plug straight into the plug. No extension cord
Check your connections because if they put it together you may have an issue there as well.
🇺🇸🇺🇸
I’ve had no probs with extension cords
In fact I have no other options
But I use a heavy gauge cord

Back