Igniter looks like it's melting (PB 820 pro series)

banddee

Reaction score
First off, I had problems with the original igniter and replaced it with one from amazon about 2 weeks after I got it. It has ran like a champ since I replaced it! But, I went to throw some beef short ribs on today after I cleaned the fire box out and it looks like the igniter is melting on the bottom. It is definitely not round now. At first I was like that must be normal so I didn't take a photo. (DARN IT) Has anyone else seen or heard of this? Is it normal do you think? And since I replaced it, I have ONLY smoked at P1 which for me is 225-250 on my bluetooth thermometer, 250-270 on the grill and 225-230 on the barrel thermometer. I haven't cooked anything at high temp. Any insight would be much appreciated as I am almost panicking wanting to buy another igniter before this one dies too.

Hmmm... The ignitor only turns on during the start session. Once the fire starts it turns off. Have never heard about one melting but honestly since it is made of metal I don't think it would heat hot enough to melt.

To be honest there are different igniters on Amazons web site. I would take everything out of the grill and see if the igniter stays on the entire time

Replaced mine yesterday and now it comes on as soon as I plug smoker in and will not turn off till I unplug it.

Latest Discussions

Back