Interesting Note on a Pit Boss Fire pot

DaveXDm9

Retired Moderator
Media
Reaction score
Well this weekend my wife and I went to a Oktoberfest BBQ festival here in Tennessee. I happen to meet a guy who is BBQ comp guy in it and he smoking some ribs and brisket on a stick burner, but I noticed he was using a Pro Series 1100 for smoking his chicken thighs so we started to talk about Pit Boss and there grills.

Interesting thing that is oddly crazy when he told me this as he has the orginal PB controller, RTD, Auger, and Fan. What he replaced and this fixed all his temp issues was the fire pot. He bought a Stainless Steel 9 Hole fire pot and Pit Boss uses a 7 hole Pot, but he believes it is not stainless steel. He said it did not look like it or felt like stainless to him. Once he replaced it he was getting more consistent temperatures and more even heat distribution through out the grill.

My question is I have not heard of this so does anyone else seen or read something about this as if this is true then that is crazy thinking that a 9 hole fire pot can make that much of a difference.

Never heard of that but it sounds interesting. If I ever have to replace the firepot I will look for a 9-hole stainless version. I didn't see one on Amazon but there is a porcelain fire pot for 35.99

https://www.amazon.com/Porcelain-En...pot+for+pit+boss+9+hole&qid=1603136325&sr=8-2

No idea how good it is.

That fire pot looks good. Interesting enough I found one on Smokedaddy.com he has a stainless steel 9 hole fire pot. So if he is selling a 9 hole pot than this might be true what this guy is saying so I am on the fence on wondering if I should buy it and just try it and see to help others. I use my Yoder almost every time now as the PB1100 is just sitting now so I am thinking about it.

That fire pot looks good. Interesting enough I found one on Smokedaddy.com he has a stainless steel 9 hole fire pot. So if he is selling a 9 hole pot than this might be true what this guy is saying so I am on the fence on wondering if I should buy it and just try it and see to help others. I use my Yoder almost every time now as the PB1100 is just sitting now so I am thinking about it.
If you try it let us know as I am very interested in this also. I might try and replace mine as I don't think it would be very difficult

My ??? Is would it also give off more smoke ??? As im still not getting as much smoke in " smoke mode" as I would like.... But having a consist temperature would be GREAT....

Latest Discussions

Back