Jammed auger

Ryan S

Reaction score
Recieved an Austin XL from a friend. Auger was jammed and motor was shot. Bought new and replaced. Auger works well for sometime. Turned it off and returned to complete a burn off since it has not been used in sometime. It already jammed at the beginning of the tube by the bushing. I was able to move some pellets and a few crunches later and a bind or two as well, it started to geek again. Is this normal? Is a new auger and bushing needed? I did grind down the auger a bit. Would.this cause issues?
Thanks for any insight given.

Welcome from Texas to the group !
I agree with Mike. I’d check that.
One other thing I do is sift the pellets through a colander
Keep us updated please 🇺🇸🇺🇸

I started it backup tonight. Cooked chicken using cherry pellets that are 5 years old. Laying out all the potential issues. A few crunches occured, but smooth operation. Smoke started with a minute, easily. I kept enough in the hopper to keep an eye for jambs and quick removal. Again, a smooth cook up.
Perhaps a fluke chance of a jamb. I had to give some TLC to my new heavily used stove. Hopefully not possessed like Christine, but feeling confident moving forward. New pellets and sifting them is certainly a good practice.

Thanks u 2

Back