Max Temp… PBV3A1

Isaiah25

Reaction score
PBV3A1 has NEVER gone above 223 degrees. I attempted a recipe yesterday that said to run at 225 for the first thirty minutes and then set to 325 for an hour. It took 2 1/2 hours to get chicken thighs to 165. I would use this thing at least twice a week, year-round, if it actually worked. It’s frustrating and occasionally, embarrassing. Thermoworks thermometers confirm actual NEVER exceeds 223.

PBV3A1 has NEVER gone above 223 degrees. I attempted a recipe yesterday that said to run at 225 for the first thirty minutes and then set to 325 for an hour. It took 2 1/2 hours to get chicken thighs to 165. I would use this thing at least twice a week, year-round, if it actually worked. It’s frustrating and occasionally, embarrassing. Thermoworks thermometers confirm actual NEVER exceeds 223.
This is an electric version - yes? It sounds to me that there may be an issue with the heating element that only half of it may be energized or working. I am not sure what the schematic looks like but check for a broken wire, loose or unconnected element wire, open element. PB customer service may be able to give you more specifics.

Latest Discussions

Back