Need help

Adonai grill

Reaction score
I got a pb grill however it blows the circuit of the house Every time. the same problem keeps happening the grill will turn on no issues there just blows circuit and have to reset it. What could possibly be the problem? What do I need to change? Please help.

Attachments

• C099218D-B26C-43E4-A114-D358D8965CCA.jpeg
    C099218D-B26C-43E4-A114-D358D8965CCA.jpeg
    251.9 KB · Views: 43
I got a pb grill however it blows the circuit of the house Every time. the same problem keeps happening the grill will turn on no issues there just blows circuit and have to reset it. What could possibly be the problem? What do I need to change? Please help.
It might be the GFCI... Run a heavy Duty Extension cord into the House to a non GFCI plug to see if that fixes your problem. If it does, replace your builders grade GFCI with a heavy duty one ... GFCIs weaken with age. Every time they trip they weaken more.

If that does not resolve your issue, then check the igniter. Look at the amount of reveal; it should be exposed no more than 1/2”. The set screw get loose and the igniter slips. Too much reveal and it can collect ash buildup and corrode the igniter and trip your GFCI. Make sure you clean out around it real well.

If the igniter position is good. Isolate your igniter wires and disconnect them. Start your PitBoss up manually ... if all is well, you need an new igniter... contact PitBoss customer service for warranty replacement. Call customer service at 480-923-9630 Or 877-303-3134.

Why does my Pit Boss grill trip the GFCI outlet?

-

If the GFCI is tripping, there are several things that could cause this.

- Make sure you are not overloading the outlet with too many appliances. Plug in the grill by itself to see if the GFCI still trips.

-If it still trips, check how far the igniter is extended into the firepot. It should be extended just under ½ inch into the firepot. If this is not how far your igniter is extended, please see our You Tube channel for igniter installation instructions, or contact our Pit Boss Customer Care Team for further assistance.

- If the GFCI continues to trip after checking these things, then many times it is the igniter that needs to be replaced. Please contact our Pit Boss Customer Care Team for further assistance and troubleshooting.

Back