New Auger Motor not getting power

Lkmyers101213

Reaction score
Had an auger jam from humidity in the pellets. Cleared jam and auger wouldn’t turn. Assumed motor burnt up! Ordered a new auger motor. Replaced. Still not working. Tested motor with an external electrical cord and it worked. Old motor also worked! Plugged back into control panel and nothing. Main Power turns on and other fan runs. No error codes but auger motor/fan doesn’t turn on. Replaced fuse. Still nothing. Something in the control panel?? (Grill is less than 4 months old)

Had an auger jam from humidity in the pellets. Cleared jam and auger wouldn’t turn. Assumed motor burnt up! Ordered a new auger motor. Replaced. Still not working. Tested motor with an external electrical cord and it worked. Old motor also worked! Plugged back into control panel and nothing. Main Power turns on and other fan runs. No error codes but auger motor/fan doesn’t turn on. Replaced fuse. Still nothing. Something in the control panel?? (Grill is less than 4 months old)
I had a jam not long ago but it was a situation of being packed dust at the bottom of the hopper. Meaning the pellets couldn’t drop. I sift regularly but apparent dust happens over time anyway. So my strategy now is to try to run out to almost empty in the hopper at the end of a cook. I use a shop vac to clean the PB so occasionally I reverse the hose and blow air up through the auger tube to make sure things are loosened up in there.

I had a jam not long ago but it was a situation of being packed dust at the bottom of the hopper. Meaning the pellets couldn’t drop. I sift regularly but apparent dust happens over time anyway. So my strategy now is to try to run out to almost empty in the hopper at the end of a cook. I use a shop vac to clean the PB so occasionally I reverse the hose and blow air up through the auger tube to make sure things are loosened up in there.
Steve
I pulled out that panel again and vacuumed it out, the area above the firepot, wasn't as bad as the first time I did it.

Latest Discussions

Back