New member : older Pit Boss PB1000SCI auger won't stop running.

Fixer

Reaction score
I have a PB1000SCI pellet smoker grill that is causing me problems with the auger. Last year the auger froze up and tech service sent me a new motor. Health issues slowed me down and now I'm back to working on it. The auger motor runs continuous whether the temperature is above or below set point. The pot gets filled with pellets and major fire starts and massive smoke. I would think bad board but if I turn the knob to off, the auger will run for exactly 5 minutes and stops the auger. I'll try tech support on Tuesday but I am interested in any thoughts that will help me if I get through to tech support.
Thanks for your help.

Welcome from Texas to the group.
Check all of your connections
Unplug it first, clean it out and clean the temperature sensor
Try it again
If that doesn’t work it’s probably the controller
Hopefully this helps you 🇺🇸🇺🇸

I have a PB1000SCI pellet smoker grill that is causing me problems with the auger. Last year the auger froze up and tech service sent me a new motor. Health issues slowed me down and now I'm back to working on it. The auger motor runs continuous whether the temperature is above or below set point. The pot gets filled with pellets and major fire starts and massive smoke. I would think bad board but if I turn the knob to off, the auger will run for exactly 5 minutes and stops the auger. I'll try tech support on Tuesday but I am interested in any thoughts that will help me if I get through to tech support.
Thanks for your help.
Check your wiring. Make sure you have the correct wires connected.

Thanks for your help.
Update on my PB1000SCI..long story short...my machine is now working thanks to the help of this group...October of 2022 I called tech support because the auger or motor froze up...they had me disconnect the fan motor and connect it to the auger motor ...that isolated the problem to the auger motor and promptly sent a new one...10 months later I get time to work on it and totally forgot the connector swapping and connected the auger to the fan connector without checking wire colors...thank you for all the replies and help!
I hope to get cooking Q soon!

Update on my PB1000SCI..long story short...my machine is now working thanks to the help of this group...October of 2022 I called tech support because the auger or motor froze up...they had me disconnect the fan motor and connect it to the auger motor ...that isolated the problem to the auger motor and promptly sent a new one...10 months later I get time to work on it and totally forgot the connector swapping and connected the auger to the fan connector without checking wire colors...thank you for all the replies and help!
I hope to get cooking Q soon!
That’s awesome!
Congratulations 🎉!
Roll that smoke 💨 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Back