New PB Grill / My first dumb question

Media
Reaction score
I just did my first pellet grill cook ever with a rack of baby back ribs. My 1st dumb question is: In the picture below, what exactly does this slide do that exposes or closes the openings in this plate? Not knowing any better, I left 2 of these openings exposed when I did my 1st cook with the ribs. When should it be left completely open or completely closed or expose only 1-2-3 or more openings? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Grill Slide.jpg
    Grill Slide.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 35
I just did my first pellet grill cook ever with a rack of baby back ribs. My 1st dumb question is: In the picture below, what exactly does this slide do that exposes or closes the openings in this plate? Not knowing any better, I left 2 of these openings exposed when I did my 1st cook with the ribs. When should it be left completely open or completely closed or expose only 1-2-3 or more openings? Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the PB Family! You made a wise choice when picking PB. The picture shows the searing or grilling area where you can essentially grill your food. Think of it as a small barbecue. As mentioned, keep them closed when smoking out food. If you notice, it is not a big area, so you cannot grill large amounts of food. But it is great for burgers, hot dogs, steaks, and, of course, a reverse sear. Here is a picture of a tri-tip that I cooked solely using this grill. Enjoy!!

Attachments

• 20240301_180713.jpg
    20240301_180713.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 11
Welcome to the PB Family! You made a wise choice when picking PB. The picture shows the searing or grilling area where you can essentially grill your food. Think of it as a small barbecue. As mentioned, keep them closed when smoking out food. If you notice, it is not a big area, so you cannot grill large amounts of food. But it is great for burgers, hot dogs, steaks, and, of course, a reverse sear. Here is a picture of a tri-tip that I cooked solely using this grill. Enjoy!!
Looks awesome.

Latest Discussions

Back