New Savannah, probe worked for 5 minutes

Arrow1823

Reaction score
I just used my Savannah for the first time (smoked chicken thighs were amazing) and one of the meat temp probes worked for the first few minutes and then would not give a reading. I know it's the probe and not the port because it does not read in either port but the other probe does.

Any thoughts before I contact Pit Boss for a replacement? I know I can get a new one on Amazon, but I'm not in a hurry and I don't feel like I should pay for a replacement for something so soon. Otherwise everything has been working great!

I just used my Savannah for the first time (smoked chicken thighs were amazing) and one of the meat temp probes worked for the first few minutes and then would not give a reading. I know it's the probe and not the port because it does not read in either port but the other probe does.

Any thoughts before I contact Pit Boss for a replacement? I know I can get a new one on Amazon, but I'm not in a hurry and I don't feel like I should pay for a replacement for something so soon. Otherwise everything has been working great!
I have never used mine, I have the PB850 from Lowes. I use a govee from amazon w/bluetooth and 2 probes and it works well.

I'd call customer support first thing in the morning. 877 303 3134 option 2

I'd go ahead and get a Pit Boss replacement on the way, but I also keep a couple spares from Amazon. They're very sensitive to liquid and drops. I pulled one out of a pork butt, the tip hit concrete and never worked again. Also just use as a "close to" thing, make sure with an instant read handheld. Enjoy!

Back