New to the Forum

Looking at purchasing a Pit Boss. Can anyone tell me the difference between the Pro Series PBV4PS2 and Competition Series PBV5P2?

Pros?
Cons?

Thanks,
Jerry
I have the PBV4PS@ for years and love all of the features, the PBV5ps2 is bigger but I not sure if it has all the nice features that the 4 has.

Ok I have 2 questions please as I am new to the Pit Boss PBV4PS2.
First I take it the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth don't like the App or what? Phone sees it on both but app will never see smoker.
Second, It heats great, but I would think it should smoke a lot more then what I am seeing. Afraid my smoked meat is going to come out as just baked meat.

Any Ideas or tips of a new guy?

Ok I have 2 questions please as I am new to the Pit Boss PBV4PS2.
First I take it the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth don't like the App or what? Phone sees it on both but app will never see smoker.
Second, It heats great, but I would think it should smoke a lot more then what I am seeing. Afraid my smoked meat is going to come out as just baked meat.

Any Ideas or tips of a new guy?
I have a PB4 and love it the cons the app dont like to work on the smoker but no big deal .My unit has been very reliable at 4 yrs old get the PB cover for it you will thank me later . as for smoke it dont smke much but the flavor is there if you want more flavor buy off Amazon a smoke tube lots of the guys on here run them I have one also . Another tip get a hand held thermometer to verify meat temp to prob temp most are off a few degrees you learn as you go . another tip go by meat temp not time you learn all meat are not created equally. empty your ash tray before every use might help prevent hopper fires ,and take this advice if you have not smoked a brisket yet that is one meat you never know when its going to be done .Now get out there and enjoy you smoker and happy smoking

Jerry and Dog Pack
Welcome from the holler.

Jerry without looking up your specific models the Pro I looked had a flip open door and a stack on it. The stack allows a side box to be put on for indirect smoke. I got the Comp. Roll up door and no stack. Beyond that I can't say other than I haven't been let down by my Comp.

Dog, I run mine in smoke mode P0,1,2 depending on temp I want and get good smoke ring in my meat. Pellet selection will change smoke as well.

Back