Newbie from Iowa

Rokinrider

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a new PB griddle en route, can’t wait. Our camper came with one and it’s ok but has crappy burners and cooks uneven. Been watching videos from Pit Boss on seasoning it that should be ok, Im wanting opinions on scrapers and cleaning devices like chain mail. It will be a breakfast cooking machine, smash burgers and fajitas. Should be fun, thanks

Hey everyone, I have a new PB griddle en route, can’t wait. Our camper came with one and it’s ok but has crappy burners and cooks uneven. Been watching videos from Pit Boss on seasoning it that should be ok, Im wanting opinions on scrapers and cleaning devices like chain mail. It will be a breakfast cooking machine, smash burgers and fajitas. Should be fun, thanks
I have a Blackstone
I have a 6 inch scraper that I do the initial clean with. On a hot griddle a splash of water loosens with the scraper whatever is stuck on the surface. Then a cloth or paper towels for the finish.

I have a Blackstone
I have a 6 inch scraper that I do the initial clean with. On a hot griddle a splash of water loosens with the scraper whatever is stuck on the surface. Then a cloth or paper towels for the finish.
I do exactly the same to mine but I always put a thin coat of oil on as well.

Greetings,
I just got the 2 burner PB that Amazon had: its just the griddle & no table. I did the initial burn in with the flax seed oil (get it HOT, then apply oil and wipe it in w/ paper towel 3 times). I would say it gets so hot paper towels can start to break down, so if you use them use more than one so it doesn't get too hot.
I may have screwed up tho as it's ceramic and didn't need it? Manual doesn't specify the burn in, but it says to light coat it after cooking with like sesame seed oil. I have made breakfast tacos and each time scrambled eggs leave less residue. Washing it with water in the sink gets it clean. ENJOY.
KC
A PS, I used it yoday and found eggs stick hardly at all. After use I always clean it, water & soap and light oil per manual. This time I put light oil on it prior to cooking so not sure if its the pre-oil or from use and light coat when done and just getting sealed, but it cooks good. ):(

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back