Newbie to pellet grill

SF Grill Newbie

Reaction score
My go to is a Weber grill with lump coal. I've been grilling and BBQing for decades but just made the jump to a PB1000D3 pellet grill. I officially messed up my first brisket, that's an expensive learning lesson. I trimmed off too much of the fat.

But the BB Ribs and chicken wings and thighs with Butt Rub and honey turned out excellent. Still trying to find consistency in my cooks. The fun is in the experimentation...

My go to is a Weber grill with lump coal. I've been grilling and BBQing for decades but just made the jump to a PB1000D3 pellet grill. I officially messed up my first brisket, that's an expensive learning lesson. I trimmed off too much of the fat.

But the BB Ribs and chicken wings and thighs with Butt Rub and honey turned out excellent. Still trying to find consistency in my cooks. The fun is in the experimentation...
Welcome from NYC. Every single person on this forum has screwed up more than once. But guess what, this is how we all learn. Not just with cooking, but life in general. Hey, I am sure the brisket was edible. Not great, but edible. I made BB ribs just one month ago that I was not happy with - and I'd been making ribs for 35 years! HEy, shit happens. That is another reason for this forum. We learn from each other. We ask questions, get advice, give advice, and make online friends. I LOVE this site.

Welcome from NYC. Every single person on this forum has screwed up more than once. But guess what, this is how we all learn. Not just with cooking, but life in general. Hey, I am sure the brisket was edible. Not great, but edible. I made BB ribs just one month ago that I was not happy with - and I'd been making ribs for 35 years! HEy, shit happens. That is another reason for this forum. We learn from each other. We ask questions, get advice, give advice, and make online friends. I LOVE this site.
I wasn't going to confess but I completely F-d up my first brisket last weekend. I'd like to say it was edible but that's debatable...

Welcome. I’m new to the forums and pellet grill also! I’ve only been pellet grilling for 2 months and I utterly destroyed my fist brisket. I mean absolutely wrecked it. I went big and got big ol 20#er of wagyu brisket for my first one since I’ve been using an offset for so long and well. I screwed it up. But since july 3rd I’ve done 7 more briskets. Just gotta be willing to mess up to get it right!

Welcome SF.
I think everyone I know has a brisket story to tell!

Welcome. I’m new to the forums and pellet grill also! I’ve only been pellet grilling for 2 months and I utterly destroyed my fist brisket. I mean absolutely wrecked it. I went big and got big ol 20#er of wagyu brisket for my first one since I’ve been using an offset for so long and well. I screwed it up. But since july 3rd I’ve done 7 more briskets. Just gotta be willing to mess up to get it right!
Buy a pork butt, you can't kill it. If u need recipes, LMK

Latest Discussions

Back