No WiFi connection in Pit Boss Grills app

bitsbsmokin

Reaction score
I have the PBV4PS2 smoker and after getting it out today for the first time since winter, it had me update the smoker and change over to this new app. For some reason the app refuses to connect to the smoker via WiFi and will only do it through Bluetooth. This is useless when trying to monitor a cook remotely. The app itself states it successfully added my WiFi network. I can see the smoker IS in fact connected to my router through 2.4ghz and sending data. The app just refuses to use the connection.

Today was my first cook using the new app and half way through it, Bluetooth dropped the connection and wouldn't reconnect until I reinstalled the app. Then I didn't realize it dropped my temp from 250 to 130 for about 30 minutes when my meat temps started falling. I finally had enough and just moved everything into my oven so I didn't lose the cook entirely. Pretty frustrating! Anyone else experiencing this issue or know how to fix it?

I don’t like a Wi-Fi app but I’ve seen others say try the old app
Seems to work

The it says to use Smoke IT app, I tried it also will not connect.

Also the bluetooth name of my controller is SMOKER30060020 I do not know if the app only looks for pit boss names?

Thanks for the replys

I have the PBV4PS2 smoker and after getting it out today for the first time since winter, it had me update the smoker and change over to this new app. For some reason the app refuses to connect to the smoker via WiFi and will only do it through Bluetooth. This is useless when trying to monitor a cook remotely. The app itself states it successfully added my WiFi network. I can see the smoker IS in fact connected to my router through 2.4ghz and sending data. The app just refuses to use the connection.

Today was my first cook using the new app and half way through it, Bluetooth dropped the connection and wouldn't reconnect until I reinstalled the app. Then I didn't realize it dropped my temp from 250 to 130 for about 30 minutes when my meat temps started falling. I finally had enough and just moved everything into my oven so I didn't lose the cook entirely. Pretty frustrating! Anyone else experiencing this issue or know how to fix it?
Call Danson’s customer service at 480-923-9630 Or 480-542-9449 for information or suggestions for the new app, or operating assistance or for a warranty registration or parts replacement. In Canada: Phone: 1-877-942-2246

And 877-303-3134 and 877-942-2246 are the Danson’s tech line.

Also definitely leave your phone number for call back if prompted to.

You can also Try the chat feature on the PitBoss website. https://pitboss-grills.com/

If your controller is the issue they can diagnose it and get it replaced under warranty for you.

The it says to use Smoke IT app, I tried it also will not connect.

Also the bluetooth name of my controller is SMOKER30060020 I do not know if the app only looks for pit boss names?

Thanks for the replys
The SmokeIT app is gone … use th Pit Boss Grills app and call customer service for assistance.

I have been having the sae issue the last 4 times using the app now. I have the PB 850 and Android system and when I fire it up it connects, looks good, no flaws or faults but diconnects and I never know it till I check the smoker. The App is reading temp and meat probe from prior connection and smoker is reading something else, but you never know it. The only way to get it to reconnect and read right smoker/meat probe temp is close the app and restart it. Very frustrating.

I have been having the sae issue the last 4 times using the app now. I have the PB 850 and Android system and when I fire it up it connects, looks good, no flaws or faults but diconnects and I never know it till I check the smoker. The App is reading temp and meat probe from prior connection and smoker is reading something else, but you never know it. The only way to get it to reconnect and read right smoker/meat probe temp is close the app and restart it. Very frustrating.
Call Danson’s customer service at 480-923-9630 Or 480-542-9449 for information or suggestions for the new app, or operating assistance or for a warranty registration or parts replacement. In Canada: Phone: 1-877-942-2246

And 877-303-3134 and 877-942-2246 are the Danson’s tech line.

Also definitely leave your phone number for call back if prompted to.

You can also Try the chat feature on the PitBoss website. https://pitboss-grills.com/

If your controller is the issue they can diagnose it and get it replaced under warranty for you.

Latest Discussions

Back