Not having much luck with my new Ultimate 4 burner griddle

mcquiilan3

Reaction score
Hello all, first pit boss here and I'm really struggling with ceramic surface. My first cook was a disaster as my oil-soaked veggies seemed to discolor and possibly ruined the ceramic coating. I followed a few videos on a deep clean with baking soda and it seems to have cleaned the area that was affected. However, the next 3 cook everything seems to be sticking badly. Read so much on not to season a ceramic griddle so im not sure what to do. Anyone else having similar issues with this grill

Hello all, first pit boss here and I'm really struggling with ceramic surface. My first cook was a disaster as my oil-soaked veggies seemed to discolor and possibly ruined the ceramic coating. I followed a few videos on a deep clean with baking soda and it seems to have cleaned the area that was affected. However, the next 3 cook everything seems to be sticking badly. Read so much on not to season a ceramic griddle so im not sure what to do. Anyone else having similar issues with this grill
Welcome from Texas to the group!
Try washing the surface with dawn dishwashing soap and spray it with olive oil after it dries 🇺🇸🇨🇱

I have an aftermarket enameled coated cast iron griddle sitting on my BBQ grates, it gets a little discoloured where the food was also. I spray a little olive oil on it before each use, I let griddle cool and cleanup with a nylon scrub pad and a little dawn dish soap. Then, using the nylon pad I rinse the soap off with water and paper towel dry it.
Do not use metal tools and do not overheat the griddle, I read if too hot or you cool coated enamel to fast ( put water on very hot surface ) the coating can breakaway from the cast iron; which would cause food to stick to it badly.

Latest Discussions

Back