Not satisfied.

kwalke1

Reaction score
Will not be buying any more PItBoss stuff. I purchased a Pro Series rack type with internet at lowe's when covid hit. The bin caught on fire. Burnt electronics. The sent me a controller after a long wait due to China Connection. By the way, Chinese stuff is generally crap, so they should learn. They could not get the wiring harness I needed so they eventually sent me the cheaper model for free. Fine. I fixed the old one and got it working, but now it appears the auger motor not working or that one. Not their fault.

But now, the replacement augur motor is not working. It has been about 1.5 years. I can now take one of these apart and replace anything blindfolded. I find the workmanship to be poor. So I may try to replace the augur motor, unless it is the controller. I don't think the smoke amount is good enough for another thing. Anyway, I have had enough of these things. I don't even think Lowe's sells them anymore. OH, I also had to replace the first one to begin with due to shipping damage.

My Traeger friends do not have these problems. Secondly, you cannot get hold of these people.

I am from Kilgore, Texas originally. An Aggie. I appreciate your comments. Problem is, they have thrown their hat in with China. That stuff across the board lasts a while, then craters and you cannot get parts. Mao's revenge. They did this to out price Traeger and did a good job getting into Lowes and elsewhere. If they have an email, tell me what it is. Otherwise, you wait on hold or chat is not available. Like I said, I am an engineer and understand exactly what the weak points of these things are. Have replaced auger, heating element, controller, and wires. I will admit, when it works, it is not too bad. Not enough smoke though. Faster auger speed needed. The best smoker I have ever had is a $60 Brinkman electric element from Home Depot. Of course it is a hassle because temp control is strictly from the amount of wood you add manually.

I will continue to fix this thing if does not get too expensive. PS. I hate CHina.

Will not be buying any more PItBoss stuff. I purchased a Pro Series rack type with internet at lowe's when covid hit. The bin caught on fire. Burnt electronics. The sent me a controller after a long wait due to China Connection. By the way, Chinese stuff is generally crap, so they should learn. They could not get the wiring harness I needed so they eventually sent me the cheaper model for free. Fine. I fixed the old one and got it working, but now it appears the auger motor not working or that one. Not their fault.

But now, the replacement augur motor is not working. It has been about 1.5 years. I can now take one of these apart and replace anything blindfolded. I find the workmanship to be poor. So I may try to replace the augur motor, unless it is the controller. I don't think the smoke amount is good enough for another thing. Anyway, I have had enough of these things. I don't even think Lowe's sells them anymore. OH, I also had to replace the first one to begin with due to shipping damage.

My Traeger friends do not have these problems. Secondly, you cannot get hold of these people.
My problem is I can’t login. Their software really sucks

Biggest part is China can make some high-quality items, but it is the American companies requiring them to produce it cheaper and flimsy, so they get a higher profit.
Corporate Greed.

Latest Discussions

Back