Overheating

Razor

Reaction score
My Boss way overheated and the 1/2 barrel turned red hot. I took it apart and pellets were stacked over fire pit like a reverse pyramid. I cleaned it out and restarted on Smoke setting. Again it heated up to over 400 degrees. What’s wrong? I’ve had this beauty for 4 years. HELP!!

My Boss way overheated and the 1/2 barrel turned red hot. I took it apart and pellets were stacked over fire pit like a reverse pyramid. I cleaned it out and restarted on Smoke setting. Again it heated up to over 400 degrees. What’s wrong? I’ve had this beauty for 4 years. HELP!!
Welcome from Texas to the group!!
Empty out the pellets, clean the temperature sensor, put pellets back in it and fire it up
Let me know if that works
Hopefully this will help you 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Thanks! It's pretty cold up here in the N. GA mountains so I may have to wait a couple of days but the resolution sounds easy. Thanks for the advice!

I had something similar happen. The problem was I did not start in Smoke as per instruction. I had to stay in Smoke for a few minutes until the dots at the bottom of the LCD disappeared. Skipping that step put the controller in and uncontrolled mode. The message is read the instruction. Every now and then they might be important.

Back