PB Platinum 1250

So I went ahead and picked one of these up, along with the cover at my local walmart. It's Pitt Boss's latest and greatest Walmart exclusive. Not a lot of info about this grill on the internet, so I thought I'd share my experience so far.
Has the same caster wheels and controller as the new Titan. Box was heavy. Over 200 lbs. A couple of the legs gave me some trouble, but other than that assembly went pretty smooth. Had some trouble getting the app and wifi going, but seem to have it sorted out. Build quality is decent other than the hopper lid. It's very thin and flexy and sits kinda crooked. The grill lid is very heavy.
A couple things I like, is the large single cooking grate and the middle and top grate's that slide in and out, oven style. Like the removable burn pot, front and side shelves and wifi controller. If you look at the pictures, you'll see an auger maintenance access door on the side of the hopper. Open the door, disconnect the wire plug, loosen the two knobs and pull out the auger and motor assembly. No removing the hopper and no tools needed. Pretty cool. Does any other Pit Boss model have this feature?
Anyway, did the burn off and messed with the temperature. Does a really nice job holding temperature. Haven't done a cook yet, but will update this thread when I do. Any questions, fire away.

Last edited:
Finally got around to smoking something on my new 1250 Platinum. It was a 10lb picnic shoulder. Don't have any pictures, sorry. I trimmed the skin off. Made my own rub and left in the fridge overnight. Smoked it fat side down on the second grate. Removed the top grate and put a large foil pan with a little water on the main grate. It caught all the drippings and it kept everything clean. Started at 8am. Smoked it for 14hrs @ 250. Filled a smoke tube twice. At 10pm it was about 165. I double wrapped it in foil and put it in the oven @ 250. Pulled it the next morning @ 10am. 26 hour cook. Let it rest a couple hours. It was super smokey and super tender. It was delicious. The wireless features and app worked great. Was curious if there were any other models like mine with the auger maintenance access door. There is. Here's a video of how to pull the auger. Pretty cool.

Last edited:
Finally got around to smoking something on my new 1250 Platinum. It was a 10lb picnic shoulder. Don't have any pictures, sorry. I trimmed the skin off. Made my own rub and left in the fridge overnight. Smoked it fat side down on the second grate. Removed the top grate and put a large foil pan with a little water on the main grate. It caught all the drippings and it kept everything clean. Started at 8am. Smoked it for 14hrs @ 250. Filled a smoke tube twice. At 10pm it was about 165. I double wrapped it in foil and put it in the oven @ 250. Pulled it the next morning @ 10am. 26 hour cook. Let it rest a couple hours. It was super smokey and super tender. It was delicious. The wireless features and app worked great. Was curious if there were any other models like mine with the auger maintenance access door. There is. Here's a video of how to pull the auger. Pretty cool.
I had to replace the motor once and clean the auger twice in my 700, having an easier way to do it is a major upgrade. Thanks for sharing it!

Back