PB1100PS1 doesn't constantly shuts off after replacing control board

Maharba

Reaction score
Got a Wireless Control board for the grill a couple months back as a gift. Installed it and everything worked for a while, but as of a couple weeks ago, my grill either doesn't want to turn on or doesn't want to stay on and is also constantly tripping the GFCI outlets that I have available to me on my patio. I was smart and kept the original board, just in case I had issues with this one, so I have that plugged back in and I haven't seen any other problems.

Possible the new board is faulty? With the new board installed, I can turn the grill on and usually it immediately shuts back off, but sometimes it will come on and stay on for a few minutes. On a recent test, I was able to get it to last a maybe around 30-40 minutes. I got it turned on and had it slowly crank up to 400 F to make sure there wasn't an issue with the auger, then tried to let it drop to 250 F. During the cooldown period, it shut back off.

I haven't had any issues until getting this new board and my warranty ran out about 4 months back, so that's grand.

Have any of y'all had issue like this swapping to a wireless-capable control panel?

Back