PBV4PS2 pellet jam?

fwdunbar88

Reaction score
A few weeks back, I started a cook on my PBV4PS2 pellet smoker (I call her "Pearl") instead of my offset because I had "honey-do" errands to run all day. I could see from my app while I was out that the smoker stopped running. Returning home, there were a bunch of pellets in the pot where they should have been burning and they were intact. Looks like it flamed out? I'm just getting back to where I can address this and am wondering the best way to restart this...do I need to do a new "burn off" process like I did when the smoker was new, or what is the best option?

A few weeks back, I started a cook on my PBV4PS2 pellet smoker (I call her "Pearl") instead of my offset because I had "honey-do" errands to run all day. I could see from my app while I was out that the smoker stopped running. Returning home, there were a bunch of pellets in the pot where they should have been burning and they were intact. Looks like it flamed out? I'm just getting back to where I can address this and am wondering the best way to restart this...do I need to do a new "burn off" process like I did when the smoker was new, or what is the best option?
The only time that I had something similar happened to my vertical, was when pellet dust clogged intake to the burn pot. I had to clean that out of there to get things working again. Since then I haven’t had a problem.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions

Back