PBV4PS2 Vertical Pellet Smoker

TX.Ranger

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has seen this issue...I will start with the grill on the smoke setting, letting the meat smoke for an hour or so, then when I ramp up the temp to ~300-325. During the time it is increasing in temp, say around 280-300, it will start to drop in temp. While it is dropping the chamber starts filling with white smoke, enough that you can't see inside. Then all of the sudden, it ignites and blows the door open. I was able to recreate the same issue a 2nd time the next day after making sure that the grill was totally clean, this time opening the door to allow the smoke to dissipate and avoiding the explosion.

I'd call customer service 877 303 3134 option 2 . Something is not right.
Thanks Mike, I just did a 3rd test, watching the control panel. The ignitor light never comes on during the ramp up. It's just using the auger and fan. Gonna call support. Thanks for the reply brother. I'll update this thread after trouble shooting with support.

Thanks Mike, I just did a 3rd test, watching the control panel. The ignitor light never comes on during the ramp up. It's just using the auger and fan. Gonna call support. Thanks for the reply brother. I'll update this thread after trouble shooting with support.
That’s the auto relight feature. As your barrel temperature dropped it activated to prevent a flameout.

Attachments

• IMG_6269.jpeg
    IMG_6269.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 13
Back