PBV5P2 smoker - smoke tube question

ref2335

Reaction score
I’ve got a PBV5P2 smoker and while it’s a solid unit the smoke output isn’t where I want it. I’ve found using a smoke tube helps. The problem is drippings from proteins screws up the smoke tube if I put the tube on a lower grill rack and the tube snuffs out.

My question: is it safe to put the smoke tube down at the bottom of the smoker by the burn pot? I’m thinking of putting the tube adjacent to the shield that goes over the burn pot.

Thanks for the replies! I had the tube off to the side when I smoked a couple baby backs and they spattered on the tube and extinguished it. Next time I’ll do a bit better to manage the drippings.

Doing beer can chicken today, so not nearly as much of a chance to hit the tube since I’ll have a tray under the chicken.

I put my smoke tubes to the left side of the unit and the protein on the right side by the outlet. This means the smoke has to travel across the protein to exit the stack. I get a ton of smoke penetration this way. Even if I’m reversing searing steaks, I’ll get a near 1/2” smoke ring and tons of smoke flavor in a couple hours.

I’ve got a PBV5P2 smoker and while it’s a solid unit the smoke output isn’t where I want it. I’ve found using a smoke tube helps. The problem is drippings from proteins screws up the smoke tube if I put the tube on a lower grill rack and the tube snuffs out.

My question: is it safe to put the smoke tube down at the bottom of the smoker by the burn pot? I’m thinking of putting the tube adjacent to the shield that goes over the burn pot.
I used a smoke tube several times; it didn't make one bit of difference. I have one for sale if anyone needs it

Latest Discussions

Back