Pellets keep catching fire in fire pot

Tommy B

Reaction score
I just got a PB pro series vertical smoker and the pellets keep catching fire in the fire pot. This is causing no smoke. I’m using a Traeger pellet. It seems like there is a pellet build up as well. Auger and fan seem to be working fine. Any thoughts?

I just got a PB pro series vertical smoker and the pellets keep catching fire in the fire pot. This is causing no smoke. I’m using a Traeger pellet. It seems like there is a pellet build up as well. Auger and fan seem to be working fine. Any thoughts?
Welcome from Texas to the group!
If you want more smoke buy a smoke tube. They work great
Once it starts smoking close it up and shut the lid and it’ll be fine.
My 820 will catch fire on the pellets but using a colander to sift the pellets helps that
Hope this helps you 🇺🇸🇨🇱

Aren't the pellets supposed to catch fire in the fire pot?

Aren't the pellets supposed to catch fire in the fire pot?
Exactly my thought! Is why they call it a fire pot. Use a smoke tube with the Smokin Pecan Pellets….crazy amount of smoke from them. But don’t put them in the hopper as they cost way too much to just burn in the pot.

Back