Pit Biss 1100 Pro blowing fuses, replaced igniter blown again

Batt4Christ

Reaction score
Ok. So - had to replace igniter less than a year after purchase. Has operated well since then.

Three weeks ago I was doing a short smoke and it went out (stopped smoking, kept pushing pellets). Cleaned out fire pit and started it again. It began building smoke then the control panel went dark.

Two weeks ago, finally found proper fuse and replaced it. Checked wiring and found no indication of shorts. But it still wouldn’t fire up.

Tried getting help on the Pit Boss web site and they couldn’t find my registration info. Oddly enough, I still have the registration confirmation email. Even more interesting- when my first igniter died, I had to re-register then as well because my initial registration then couldn’t be found!

I tried their chat, contact in web site, and finally social media. After a week I finally had someone reach out. Again- they couldn’t find registration. So they began a third registration. But I was at my office and had to reach back out to them (and their defective calling system) tog et my serial # to them.

Finally jumped through hoops and an actual
Manager had to get back with me. He had me swap wires from fan/igniter to confirm igniter failure. He then got one sent out to me which came Saturday. I easily got it installed. Again checked everything for obvious shorts. Plugged it up and started it. It seemed to operate correctly.

So importance sausages on for a test run. 20 minutes later- lost all power in controller again. I can only assume it blew another fuse.

I’ve examined every wire and connector I can access without completely disassembling the entire unity. I can’t find the issue.

So I guess im destined to wrestle with their phone system this week- between all the new owners getting help as well.

Anyone have other suggestions or advice?

Hmmm. Are you using an extension cord? Sometimes if you use one that is too long they will blow fuses. I use a heavy duty 6 foot cord on mine. Anything longer can cause a fuse to blow. Other than that, I have no idea.

1. No extension cord...
After yet another frustration with their phone lines - I atulaly got a reply through their X/Twitter account. Was a very frustrating WAY too-long effort (when they tell you to do something that takes 2 minutes, but it takes 15-30 minutes for them to reply to you...)

Long-story-short, after installing a new igniter just Saturday that has also failed (15 minutes after installation), they are now sending me a new control board AND a new igniter.

1. No extension cord...
After yet another frustration with their phone lines - I atulaly got a reply through their X/Twitter account. Was a very frustrating WAY too-long effort (when they tell you to do something that takes 2 minutes, but it takes 15-30 minutes for them to reply to you...)

Long-story-short, after installing a new igniter just Saturday that has also failed (15 minutes after installation), they are now sending me a new control board AND a new igniter.
Hopefully it’ll get you up and running

Back