Pit Boss Does NOT Cover Shipping Damage

tspottsjr

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I purchased a Pit Boss 4 burner deluxe griddle with a cover special ($399). When it arrived today, I noticed the top right cover panel was scratched and the paint chipped on top. I do realize this will eventually lead to premature rusting. I live at the beach in S.C., and the salt air is not forgiving.

I reached out to customer support and talked with Andrew. He requested me to send pictures and then came back on the phone and minimalized the damage by calling it cosmetic and a small scratch.

I’ve been a Pit Boss customer for some time and have always believed it to be a company that stands behind its products. If I had known that there would be no warranty for damages to the product when it arrived, I would not have purchased the griddle and would have looked at other companies. However, Pit Boss has always been good to me.

Andrew continued our conversation by telling me to simply put a little paint on it, and it would be good. However, he would not provide the paint and offered a spice kit, which I don’t need. I told Andrew that it would not match the original paint, and he again said it was just cosmetic. Cosmetic to Pit Boss is still less than new to me. Has anyone had any success in getting Pit Boss to cover damages due to shipping? I know they must have shipping insurance.

Good afternoon,

I purchased a Pit Boss 4 burner deluxe griddle with a cover special ($399). When it arrived today, I noticed the top right cover panel was scratched and the paint chipped on top. I do realize this will eventually lead to premature rusting. I live at the beach in S.C., and the salt air is not forgiving.

I reached out to customer support and talked with Andrew. He requested me to send pictures and then came back on the phone and minimalized the damage by calling it cosmetic and a small scratch.

I’ve been a Pit Boss customer for some time and have always believed it to be a company that stands behind its products. If I had known that there would be no warranty for damages to the product when it arrived, I would not have purchased the griddle and would have looked at other companies. However, Pit Boss has always been good to me.

Andrew continued our conversation by telling me to simply put a little paint on it, and it would be good. However, he would not provide the paint and offered a spice kit, which I don’t need. I told Andrew that it would not match the original paint, and he again said it was just cosmetic. Cosmetic to Pit Boss is still less than new to me. Has anyone had any success in getting Pit Boss to cover damages due to shipping? I know they must have shipping insurance.
Send it back and reorder a new one. Was it from Walmart?

Exactly send it back, wonder what the shipping would be. I thought some people had success with issues when commenting on the company facebook page etc ?
Can't send it back. Already unboxed. But their customer service was very condescending in our conversation. They did not entertain any idea of replacing the top door.

I would first contact your state consumer protection agency. If that fails Better Business Bureau complaint.
Won’t do any good
I ordered a side box for my 820 and they said it would fit. It didn’t and they wanted me too pay for the shipping
I’m goin to retro fit it instead

Seems like you aren't the only one disappointed with this particular griddle and Pit Boss customer service.

1709932403198.png

I was a manager at an equipment dealership of which we were Pit Boss dealers. I mostly ordered Navigator series. A step up from standard box store Pit Boss. Made it easier to compete with a more robust and a good looking grill. I only dealt with Pit Boss for 2 years and then retired. They were outstanding dealing with issues. I wonder if their customer service went to hell after they sold out. Sad for me to see these problems!

I was a manager at an equipment dealership of which we were Pit Boss dealers. I mostly ordered Navigator series. A step up from standard box store Pit Boss. Made it easier to compete with a more robust and a good looking grill. I only dealt with Pit Boss for 2 years and then retired. They were outstanding dealing with issues. I wonder if their customer service went to hell after they sold out. Sad for me to see these problems!
Pit Boss sold out? When was that?

I'd fear, as with most corporate takeovers, the first thing they do is cost cut and ruin what was a good reputation and product by cutting every corner possible from every facet of the business. Hope this is not the case with PB.

Pit Boss sold out? When was that?

I'd fear, as with most corporate takeovers, the first thing they do is cost cut and ruin what was a good reputation and product by cutting every corner possible from every facet of the business. Hope this is not the case with PB.
Last year the large corporation that owns Charboil and Oklahoma Joe's purchasesd Pit Boss. Unfortunately Dansons sold out!

Back