Pit Boss Sportsman 7 Series (PBV7PW1) Vertical Smoker

MrJRoz

Media
Reaction score
Hello All, I'm new to this forum and am anxiously waiting for my new Sportsman 7 Vertical Smoker with the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. I am not seeing a whole lot of information on this version. All the information is for the PBV7P1 older version, including this forum. Ordered on 6/29 and still waiting... was told the process time is 21 business days so I expect it to be shipping anytime now. Does anyone else have this model? If so, how do they like it?

Hello All, I'm new to this forum and am anxiously waiting for my new Sportsman 7 Vertical Smoker with the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. I am not seeing a whole lot of information on this version. All the information is for the PBV7P1 older version, including this forum. Ordered on 6/29 and still waiting... was told the process time is 21 business days so I expect it to be shipping anytime now. Does anyone else have this model? If so, how do they like it?
I ordered mine three weeks ago and just got the email that it shipped. I should get it on August 1st. I do product reviews, so I will let you know what I think after I get it.

I got mine last week, assembled it, and burned in the unit. I could not get the app to work on my Android phone, but it did work with my iPad. However, it took two times to upload the firmware. Now that the firmware is updated, I will try to see if it will work with the Android phone.

I got mine last week, assembled it, and burned in the unit. I could not get the app to work on my Android phone, but it did work with my iPad. However, it took two times to upload the firmware. Now that the firmware is updated, I will try to see if it will work with the Android phone.
Thanks for letting me know -- I will receive mine on Friday 8/9. I have both platforms too and will try with Android first and punt to iPhone if it fails.

Go
Thanks for letting me know -- I will receive mine on Friday 8/9. I have both platforms too and will try with Android first and punt to iPhone if it fails.
@Wiley - Got mine today and put it all together and did the initial burn - I had no issues connecting BT and WiFi on the Android platform (Samsung S22+) and the FW was updated during the burn in... it went 43% the way through then failed and went all the way through on the retry.. Over all I am very happy with it and cooking ribs tomorrow and wings on Sunday.

Latest Discussions

Back