Pit boss tripping GFCI

pkwebb502

Reaction score
My PIt boss is tripping the GFCI after replacing the ignitor and burn pot. It will run for several minutes (gets hot) and then trips the GFCI.

Replaced the ignitor with a different brand and same result. I then ran it successfully from a non GFCI outlet. I then replaced the GFCI and and tried a different GFCI outlet. Both still tripped the GFCI.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
The GFI trips after it heats up ( about 5 minutes). after that it trips after less then a minute. Could it be one of the fans going bad? It seems like something turns on after it heats ups and that causes the issue.

by fans, I meant the induction fan. I just ran it again and I did notice a sound from the auger. sounded like it was hitting something. look under pellet box and it looks like the auger motor is moving a little each time it turns the auger. Could that cause it?

by fans, I meant the induction fan. I just ran it again and I did notice a sound from the auger. sounded like it was hitting something. look under pellet box and it looks like the auger motor is moving a little each time it turns the auger. Could that cause it?
Yes sir. Line it back up

Latest Discussions

Back