Pit Boss -vs- Traeger

Slider

Media
Reaction score
I bought my Traeger Pro Series 34 several years ago. After about 1 year, I started having mechanical issues. First, it was the temp probe, then the firepot, then the auger, and finally, the entire board died. I cannot tell you how many of my cooks were ruined because the rig stopped working midway. I cannot tell how many times I called customer support and connected via video chat. I made so many videos, Steven Spielberg wanted to hire me!

In addition to Pit Boss forums, I am also a member of the Traeger forums. I have seen a dramatic increase in posts about mechanical issues with Traeger rigs, especially newer ones. Based upon all of the complaints and issues, it seems that Traeger's quality is not what it used to be and is not on par with other brands on the market today.

After two years, I had enough of ruined cooks, replacing parts, and phone calls to Traeger. I sold the rig and bought a Pit Boss Pro Series. It was the best decision I ever made. The Pit Boss uses heavier gauge steel, has superior craftsmanship, the temp is rock steady throughout my cooks and it produces great food. I know I am speaking to the choir here, but after owning and using both rigs regularly, Pit Boss is by far the superior product.

Last edited:
That's a shame. I hate to see a good company go down. Competition is what contributes to good products like PB. So many have been affected by labor issues; many don't want to work and don't give a rat's rear end about doing a good and proper job. :mad:

it seems that Traeger's quality is not what it used to be and is not on par with other brands on the market today.

Latest Discussions

Back