Pitt Boss Peeling Concerns - Input Requested

Kenneth Sears

Reaction score
Unfortunately, Pitt Boss customer service is closed today (Sunday). I have an issue that I am concerned with the safety of the food being smoked. Please see attached pics. Interior of the smoker is peeling sheets and falling off. Looks like "flaking paint". Never paid attention to see if interior of unit had a coating. Noticed today when checking on the meat. Also, in 3rd pic, exterior pealing just on a small section of lid and body.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_2880.jpg
    IMG_2880.jpg
    382 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2879.jpg
    IMG_2879.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2877.jpg
    IMG_2877.jpg
    338.5 KB · Views: 43
Unfortunately, Pitt Boss customer service is closed today (Sunday). I have an issue that I am concerned with the safety of the food being smoked. Please see attached pics. Interior of the smoker is peeling sheets and falling off. Looks like "flaking paint". Never paid attention to see if interior of unit had a coating. Noticed today when checking on the meat. Also, in 3rd pic, exterior pealing just on a small section of lid and body.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
That’s not paint but creosote build ip and could cause a fire if not cleaned out. Use a scraper and a wire brush to completely remove it.
Consider your airflow in your smoker… open the rain cap to allow those greasy, ashy deposits to escape from the barrel.

Attachments

• IMG_0621.png
    IMG_0621.png
    595.4 KB · Views: 23
Back