Plz Help! PitBoss Pro Series 1600 Flameout after cleaning ash pit and reaching 220 temp ??

hasanmas

Reaction score
Hey everyone, Happy Fathers Day!

Purchased a PitBoss a couple of weeks ago and it has been working great! From smoking at 220 to 380. During startup I completely forgot to empty out the ash from the can
( about to smoke a 15 lb brisket and figured i should clean ash before the long smoke) and I shut down the smoker, by the time I emptied ash pit and put it back together the PitBoss did not finish the shut down cycle and I turned it back on(during shutdown cycle) and set to S for 10 minutes, got a flame and set to 220 degrees, after the smoker reached 220 about 15 min later I then noticed a absurd amount of smoke and recognized that the flame is dying out then after pellets are fed it fires back up, this happens about every 15 minutes(going on an hour just watching this to make sure before I throw the brisket on there for 15hr+)
I am not sure if this is a normal process after cleaning the ash or if this is due to me not letting the machine shutdown properly and powering it back on during shutdown cycle.

(i am now in the process of resetting it, letting it shutdown properly and going to try again soon. Happening in real time 7:10 PM CST)

IS there supposed to be a constant flame going at 220? I have never had this issue before. Hope someone can help! Please forgive my punctuation . lol

Back