Pro 1150 V3 App 1.1.14 Not working.

stenhet

Reaction score
(Pro ii50 V3, app version 1.1.14).

Android app has stopped working. Worked fine until recently (sometime in Sept probably). Grill and app shows connected - bluetooth and wifi. When I start (grill turned on) I get a notice of a firmware update, hit ok but it fails to connect and I cannot complete firmware update. Did get to 18% once, but it failed and won't connect to do the update. The app will not allow use until that update is completed - keeps asking to retry, cannot actually cancel.

Tried all the suggestions I have been able to find online. Attempted on several different devices/phones. Powered everything down and restarted. Uninstalled/reinstalled app. Grill in same location about 10 ft from router, good wifi (2.4) at that location. Phone within 2 feet, really strong bluetooth signal. I believe the app is the problem. The grill shows up on my router and in the bluetooth device list on my android device(s). This leads me to believe the app may not be playing well with the latest android update from T-Mobile. Haven't tried iOS version yet.

I found it better to delete the app and just turn the dial. I've had it make my grill temps go stupid on multiple occasions.
I monitor my grill temps with a stand alone 4 probe unit.

I’ve been one of the lucky ones…it took a few tries to connect but once I did it’s worked ever since. I’m on an iPhone though….over all it’s nothing amazing and you won’t be missing much if you just stop using it .

Today, after several attempts the update got to 25%. After about three attempts, restarting the phone each attempt, the update finally completed and the app is functioning again. At least, at this point, I can set temps without fiddling with the rocker switch on the control panel. My Thermopro or Meater work for the cooking temps and alarms if necessary.

I believe my problem was the company's update server dropping the connection during the update process. Also, the app may not create a new connection with each try until you restart the phone/device. Updates should never prevent the app from doing it's job if it fails. Their server and app need work to prevent this from happening in future.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Back