Pro 4 vs Elite 6 Vertical

Bryce

Media
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm new around here. I'm looking at upgrading from my old Masterforge 30 (MES 30 electric knockoff) to a vertical pellet smoker. The little electric has severed me well, but it starting to show it's age (the handle broke off and the control panel has cracked, but keeps chugging on)., I'd like larger where I don't have to cut racks of ribs in half and I'm tired of loading chips every hour or so (sucks for overnighters or when I need to leave).
I'm looking at the Pit Boss Pro II 4 PBV4PS2 https://www.lowes.com/pd/Pit-Boss-Pro-Series-4-Series-Vertical-Smoker/5013310445
or the new Pro Elite 6 https://www.lowes.com/pd/Pit-Boss/5013702419

The 6 seems so new that I'm having a hard time finding much info on it.

My question is.. is the 6 $400 better than the 4? $899 vs $499

Upgrades appear to be:
  • Lights: Nice, but I have plenty of light were I'll use it.
  • Shelf: convenient, but I'll have a work area larger near it.
  • It's bigger. 1529ci vs 1077ci. Is that a detriment since it'll take longer to heat up and more pellets to keep heated?
  • New controller: VST and the PID/Smoke and 5deg vs 10deg temp increments. Seems like this is the big deal.
  • Ignighter: New style that's better, so they say.

Hi everyone. I'm new around here. I'm looking at upgrading from my old Masterforge 30 (MES 30 electric knockoff) to a vertical pellet smoker. The little electric has severed me well, but it starting to show it's age (the handle broke off and the control panel has cracked, but keeps chugging on)., I'd like larger where I don't have to cut racks of ribs in half and I'm tired of loading chips every hour or so (sucks for overnighters or when I need to leave).
I'm looking at the Pit Boss Pro II 4 PBV4PS2 https://www.lowes.com/pd/Pit-Boss-Pro-Series-4-Series-Vertical-Smoker/5013310445
or the new Pro Elite 6 https://www.lowes.com/pd/Pit-Boss/5013702419

The 6 seems so new that I'm having a hard time finding much info on it.

My question is.. is the 6 $400 better than the 4? $899 vs $499

Upgrades appear to be:
  • Lights: Nice, but I have plenty of light were I'll use it.
  • Shelf: convenient, but I'll have a work area larger near it.
  • It's bigger. 1529ci vs 1077ci. Is that a detriment since it'll take longer to heat up and more pellets to keep heated?
  • New controller: VST and the PID/Smoke and 5deg vs 10deg temp increments. Seems like this is the big deal.
  • Ignighter: New style that's better, so they say.
I have the PBV4PS2 for 2 .5 years and love it, it's plenty big enough for anything I have smoked. But if you're looking for more room for bigger smokes go with the Pro Elite 6. Only difference I see beside the size is the pellet dump on the 6 looks different, shelf is nice, light is no big deal either, it's all up to your preference.

I have the PBV4PS2 for 2 .5 years and love it, it's plenty big enough for anything I have smoked. But if you're looking for more room for bigger smokes go with the Pro Elite 6. Only difference I see beside the size is the pellet dump on the 6 looks different, shelf is nice, light is no big deal either, it's all up to your preference.
I wound up getting the Pro Series 4 v2. The Elite 6 is nice but not $400 more nicer.

Now if I can get their horrible app to work. I connect to Bluetooth but when I try WiFi, the page to select my network won't scroll to get to the network list.

Attachments

• 20230413_170312.jpg
    20230413_170312.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 20230413_192644.jpg
    20230413_192644.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 41
I wound up getting the Pro Series 4 v2. The Elite 6 is nice but not $400 more nicer.

Now if I can get their horrible app to work. I connect to Bluetooth but when I try WiFi, the page to select my network won't scroll to get to the network list.
@Bryce I have the same model as you. I have a smoke in progress and the app connected immediately and otherwise so far so good. So good luck on your next endeavor. I’m glad the graph is back. Here’s a screen shot showing for example when I put the probe in the meat. Before the the probe was just sitting in the chamber awaiting the ham.
IMG_6400.jpeg

Latest Discussions

Back