Question on using the sear feature

Slider

Media
Reaction score
About the sear plate, this is another feature that I loved, which made me go with the 850 model; this and the wifi. I just picked up about $150 worth of product of Wild Fork. I bought roasts, pichana, ribs, tri-tips. I LOVE tri-tip and can't wait to try the searing option on that bad boy. Having never used something like this, do I just use it as a regular grill or would I hit it with some smoke for X minutes before searing?

Thank in advance.

I found the sear option on my 1150 to be disappointing. A chimney of coals in my weber does a better job.
What did you find disappointing? Just the small size of the area for searing? I do find it a little frustrating that I can only do one or two pork chops or steaks at a time.

What did you find disappointing? Just the small size of the area for searing? I do find it a little frustrating that I can only do one or two pork chops or steaks at a time.
Just not hot enough compared to a coal fire to me. Plus I need to use all my different grills so the wife thinks I need them.

Back